Friday, December 13, 2013

Beyonce Releases Surprise Album on iTunes With 14 Songs and 17 Videos



Beyoncé surprised the world this morning with the unanticipated release of her fifth studio album on iTunes. Described as a "visual album," the self-titled album features 14 tracks and 14 videos to go along with each song as well as three additional videos.
Among many special guests on the album is daughter, Blue Ivy, on a song called "Blue." 
Beyoncé, who released the album without any promotional marketing or traditional teasers, explains the project in this video posted on her Facebook page:



Other guests on the album include Jay Z, Drake, Frank Ocean, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland and Justin Timberlake.
"I see music," Beyoncé explains. "It’s more than just what I hear. When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music.
"I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready and from me to my fans."
The album costs $15.99 exclusively on iTunes, with individual songs on sale Dec. 20. Physical copies will be available in time for the holidays, Columbia Records said.

Watch 30-Second Previews of some of the Song's Music Videos on the Fifth Album

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails